Holt, FL Week 5

Dec. 05 - Dec. 12, 2020

Sunday, Elard had the water pump in the washing machine replace by 11 am, I am so lucky to have married a handy man! We were able to get most of the laundry done and I was able to surf about half the internet! 

Monday, we started the day early today. We headed for Baton Rouge at about 6:45, we got a call around 7:30 from the doctors office that they will need to reschedule. At least they caught us before we got out of Florida! We salvaged the day by having a nap then heading to Destin for lunch at The Back Porch and a stop at Sexton's Seafood market to stock up on fresh seafood. The Back Porch was okay, the view was spectacular. They have Santa's sleigh being pulled by dolphins out on the sand dune, too cute. We took the long way home by driving along Hwy 98 over to Navarre then up to Milton and back to the RV park.  It was a beautiful day for a drive.

Tuesday, I enjoyed conversations with several old friends in the morning. It was great catching up with John, Aivy, and Cindy. The afternoon was spent enjoying a nice nap and then streaming some Big Bang Theory, so funny. I tried out an oven fried oyster recipe that was pretty good, I need to make a few adjustments but it wasn't bad. It doesn't compare to really fried but WAY less fat. We got caught up on the Mandalorian as well...real cliff hanger there.  I went to bed early so that I will be rested for surgery.

Wednesday, what a relief! The gall bladder is gone! Surgery went well and I feel good.  We left home at 7:00 am and were back home around 3:00 pm. I made a good decision to go ahead and get it out, THANK YOU Nancy Sutton for the gentle nudges to just do it. I will be taking it easy the rest of the week (of course it isn't like I've been going full bore this last week LOL!) Thank you all for your good wishes and prayers.

Thursday, I felt pretty darn good when I woke up at 6 am. I guess sleeping most of the day yesterday made me a morning person LOL.  I had such little pain that I did not take the pain medication at all, I did take some Tylenol before bed, more for the fever regulation than the pain mitigation.  I thought about going for a walk but decided not too. 

Friday, I did a little sewing today.  I am making a jelly roll Christmas tree for the coach. I got all the strips and batting cut out and got a few of the strips made. Another couple of days should do it.  I found some instructions for cutting the triangles (video 1, video 2), so I don't have to break out the geometry equations....

Saturday, busy day, I made it outside for a short walk in the shade, the antibiotics I'm taking say stay out of the sun. Maybe I'll make it a whole mile tomorrow. I know I'm healing cause I'm eating semi-normally and the incision points are itching. 

Adventure On!